Thursday, May 5, 2016

Symmetryical Butterflies


I love butterfly projects!  I have one for just about every grade level.  Now that I'm teaching begindergarten, I needed new approach.  After talking to Mrs. Chernick about her plans to teach symmetry in math class, I knew just what to do!
I photocopied large butterflies onto 80 lb. paper and prefolded them so that the fold is right in the middle along the butterfly's body.  
Then I showed students how to make dots of color with the swabs - don't wipe the color, dab it.  Then after filling a small section, students folded the butterfly to transfer the color to the other wing to make it SYMMETRICAL!  Students had so much fun and were so proud of their beautiful work.
This little guy is so proud!  He happens to be my son, Ty! He loves coming to his mom's classroom for art now!

No comments:

Post a Comment